Saturday, February 18, 2012

I have read many recipes and some say to crush it, and others say to leave it whole.
And could you guys recommend a good mini cheesecake recipe, too? (=
There's so many to choose from.

Thanks!Mini Cheesecake: Should I crush the vanilla wafers or use the whole ones? Which is better?I'd crush them - they have a tendency to get a bit soggy when whole.Mini Cheesecake: Should I crush the vanilla wafers or use the whole ones? Which is better?Crush


3 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened
11/2 cups sugar
2 tablespoons Original Bisquick庐 mix
1 teaspoon grated lime, lemon or orange peel
11/4 cups milk
3 tablespoons lime, lemon or orange juice
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 eggs
Citrus peel, if desired

in large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups sugar, 2 tablespoons Bisquick mix and 1 teaspoon lime peel with electric mixer on medium speed until blended and fluffy. On low speed, beat in milk, lime juice, vanilla and eggs until blended. Beat on low speed 2 minutes longer.Mini Cheesecake: Should I crush the vanilla wafers or use the whole ones? Which is better?I would use crushed up graham crackers instead. I've tried the whole vanilla wafer thing and it was still a little more crunchy than I like for a crust. Here's the recipes I used:

crust: http://southernfood.about.com/cs/piereci鈥?/a>
In this recipes, it says to use 24 crackers, but you can get the amount of crumbs you need from just one sleeve of graham crackers (about 9 unbroken crackers). I also halved the recipe and it was enough for one batch of cheesecake. If you're going to use the graham crackers, you would need to tightly pack the graham cracker crust into a cupcake liner (about 1 teaspoon for minis, 2 teaspoons for regular) and bake for about 5-7 minutes at 350.

cheesecake: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,196,1471鈥?/a>
Again, like I said I prefer to use the graham crackers instead of vanilla wafers. I've done this using regular sized cupcake tins and mini cupcake tins and both turned out well.|||Crush!

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment