Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A friend gave me a potted bunch of mini roses as a housewarming gift, and I鈥檓 just not sure how to take care of them. Do I need to re-pot it in a bigger container (with more soil)? How often should I water it? Some of the flowers are already drying up鈥揑鈥檇 like to keep a plant alive for once! Please help! How do I take care of mini roses?My mini roses do better than any rose variety in My yard. It's true that The flowers don't last long, but if you deadhead they are more abundant. They bloom a long time, right into fall. When I first got my plant, it was tiny. It's about one and a half feet tall now. It won't get much larger than that. I wouldn't recommend keeping it as a house plant. It probably wont survive. I only water it if it hasn't rained for a week. You should only water roses in the morning, they are susceptible to black spot. I use cracked eggshells as a fertilizer. Make sure it has good drainage. I throw some rocks in the hole, before filling it with good soil. You will do fine. Mini roses are good practice. I bet next year, You'll want to plant a red blaze climbing rose.|||Mini roses require the same care as any other rose. They can be planted outside. Roses require a minimum of 6 hours a day of sun. The flowers on a mini rose don't last that long, but yours could just be in shock from shipping. Use good potting soil---Scott's or Miracle Grow both have some with fertilizer already in it. They also have a blend for roses, but if this is your only rose bush, the bag has way more soil than what you will need. Keep the soil slightly moist but not soggy. If you plan on growing the rose inside, you will need a grow light (home improvement stores usually sell them). Do not be discouraged if your plant dies. The mini roses that are sold from florists and stores are usually not as good a variety as those sold by nurseries. Good Luck! Lise from TexasHow do I take care of mini roses?Kate's advice is excellent! I had a garden center for years and roses were my special love - I had 30 or so at home as well along with a dozen or so mini's. The only note I would add to Kate's is on the watering. Never water on a schedule. Water only when the plant needs it and with roses water deeply but only when the soil is dry to about 2-3 inches deep, keep the water off the foliage if you can and do it in the morning.. They are hardy and you'll love them.
ps..I agree also that they don't do well indoors - plant them outside and if in pots put them in pots a good bit larger than the one they came in and use a good quality potting soil.|||if you want it forever then you can place it on the ground and water daily (once a day watering is fine). It is hardy and it can live up to -10 deg F (experience). If you want to keep it in house, place it in a large container and water it daily. Some of the leaves will dry out but it will come back.How do I take care of mini roses?Very easy actually, get some rose food, water them first thing in morning and make sure you trim them up. If you have some roses dying on plant its okay, you will have more come back.

火车采集器
  • traffic school
  • window tint
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment