Friday, February 24, 2012

I am thinking of designing my own dresses, will a mini sewing machine be enough for me? I am just a fashion enthusiast and not really a trained tailor.Will a mini sewing machine be enough for me?No...the mini sewing machines are a nice concept, but they are not that practical for larger projects especially those that involve more than strait lines (which your dresses likely would). I bought one of these to use on vacation and found it frustrating and ineffective. You can get a quality machine second hand (check craigslist) or start with a basic machine.Will a mini sewing machine be enough for me?I bought this machine:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02011206000P?keyword=sewing+machine&prdNo=8&blockNo=8&blockType=G8

I use it for everything. I make purses, dresses, crafts, toys...I've not had a problem with it at all. It's cheap, light, and totally portable. It's not the BEST machine in the world, but it's not super tiny either. I find that when I make clothing I prefer to use a serger. I used the money saved on buying the sewing machine to purchase a nice serger. I'm well pleased.

Also, if you're just making simple things for yourself, chances are you won't need all the bells and whistles that come with bigger, heavier, more complicated machines. If you decide to do it for a living though, go with a better machine.Will a mini sewing machine be enough for me?In short terms - No.
If you're going to be making dresses, you'll definitely need a proper sewing machine. I bought a mini sewing machine and it's useless; only good for smaller things. It'll definitely be worth investing if it's larger garments you're gonna be making.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment