Saturday, February 11, 2012

A friend gave me a old Daiwa mini cast1 reel. I cleaned it up good seems to work but I can't read what line is best to use on it. Would like to try it out for bluegill. It is actually an old kmart sport fisher combo.What size line should I use on a mini cast reel?I would use either 2# or 4# if only use is for bluegill,they don't get more than 2 pounds,and you'll be able to cast farther with the lighter line.I think you'll have fun with this rig.|||use 6-12 pound test monoWhat size line should I use on a mini cast reel?I have many "ultralight" type reels, i like to use 6 or 8, and i catch crappie, bluegill and perch all day with it, i wouldnt go past 8, i use 10 on my larger spinning models, for spoons and minnow baits usually for salmon and lakers, and 12 on baitcasters, but 10 or 12 would be too heavy for a mini reel, you would just be wasting spool space especially if your just catching bluegill|||Those reels came with 4lb test lines. The spool capacity isn't very big and it won't hold much line if you spool it with 6lb test mono.

Those reels only hold 65 to 85 yards of 4lb test mono depending on the model.

PS: I filled the spool with 6lb test line once and I was able to cast ALL the line out with a 3/8oz Kastmaster spoon. I was lucky because the lure hit the water when I reached the end of the spool. If I got a little less line on the spool or if I was able to cast a little further, I will loose that spoon. LOLWhat size line should I use on a mini cast reel?The correct line size for that particular reel is 4 to 6 lb. which would be perfect for the bluegill you plan to use it on.|||i have a reel just like this and it is spooled with 6 pound mono|||BE A MAN,,, SPOOL 2#|||i would use 4-6 if i was fishing for any panfish|||4 lb. trilene xt is what I use, but you might try stren magna thin too. You should probably keep your lures to 1/4 oz. or less also.|||4-6 ~ Anything smaller (2lb) lessons' ones chances of landin' the fish and the larger cuts down on the amount of yards on the reels spool itself which in turn restricts not only it's capabilities but, the rod as well. Short n' sweet 4-6 # test... < ' ( (( > <

Note: Trust me ie., use ta' use mini-cast rigs (spinning) in mountain lakes of the Sierra's by horseback ~ convenient as all get out for fishin' Goldens (trout)...

火车采集器
  • traffic school
  • bento
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment