Saturday, February 18, 2012

when i give my mini foxy food he likes to eat it slowly and eats a bit then goes away, and my cocker spaniel eats it.
is there something i can do to stop my cocker spaniel eating my mini foxy's food?How can i stop my Cocker spaniel eating my mini foxy's food?There are a couple of ways, feed them in the crates, feed them in separate rooms or train the Cocker not to eat the other dogs food.

It will take a bit of time, energy and patience to train your Cocker not to eat the other dogs food. Basically, you have to keep a watchful eye on the bowl of food when it's full. Anytime your Cocker starts to get close to the food or is eating it, correct him/her. You have to claim the food/area as your own and train the Cocker that it's not ok to eat food from that bowl/area.

I used this method to train my roommates Lab in college. My Great Dane eats very slowly and I had the same problem. It takes time and persistence, but eventually your Cocker will get the idea.

Also, it's best if you feed them in different rooms or at least at opposite corners of the same room. It's going to be confusing for your Cocker if the food bowls are right next to each other.

Best of luck!|||I feed my dogs in their cratesHow can i stop my Cocker spaniel eating my mini foxy's food?feed the dogs in a separate room.

If your Foxy doesnt eat all the food at once, then he's done.. when he's walked away from the bowl, pick it up and dont offer any more until the next meal. He will learn that if he wants it, he better eat it then.|||maybe leash the cocker up or put him in another room ?How can i stop my Cocker spaniel eating my mini foxy's food?feed them apart from each other.

keep the cocker with you until the mini finishes.|||You could attempt to train the CS every timee he eats the food he has to go outside or get crated, if he leaves the other dog's food there is a treat. But you will have your work cut out it's pretty instinctive for cockers to eat as much as they can, you may find it easier to just keep them apart (which may with time teach your cocker not to, if it is the one to have to go away) i'd probably be more worried abut a cocker that did turn down an unguarded bowl of food.|||You have to feed them separately. ( in different rooms ) where the spaniel cannot get to the foxy while he is eating.|||I agree with you - this is tough, I have the same problem, but fortunately my picky eater is a Greyhound, I pop his food on a small table which my Corgi (a true pig) sits under once he has finished his, but he can't reach the bowl. My Grey sometimes leaves his food until next morning - he is a "snacker" whereas the Corgi's food is gone in one minute! If it were reversed I don't know how I'd manage. I would suggest that unfortunately your foxy might have to learn that dinner time is a certain length, and after that you let the Cocker in - if his dinner is pinched a few times he might eat it a bit quicker!

Good Luck.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment