Tuesday, March 6, 2012

They are cute but are they smart like a lab? I'd love for my 5 yr old to have a dog but not sure this is the one.Are Yorkies smart dogs and good with kids?Ahh...Labs are much smarter and Yorkie is too small for a kid....if your 5 year old is a boy then get a lab.|||My wife and I own a Morkie. In the past, I've owned or have been well acquainted with a chow, lab, cocker spaniel, golden retriever, lhasa apso, and shih tzu. This dog is by far the quickest to be potty trained and to learn what he can and can't chew. Great dog! Good with my nieces too.

Report Abuse

Are Yorkies smart dogs and good with kids?Yorkies are among the smartest breeds of dog there is, please ignore the lab comment. They're playful
and full of mischief, in other words a blast. Groomed them 3 to 4 times a year, bathe every two weeks and not more often as it will dry his or her skin. They love attention but need some down time.

Report Abuse

|||I would recomend a yellow lab, they are playful, good with every age, the seventh smartest dog in te world , (yorkie is not on the top ten list f.y.I.) ha ha! Yorkies however are my least favorite dog ....my cousin has one and they are really stupid....well depending on who they are...poodlesrsmart2

Report Abuse

Are Yorkies smart dogs and good with kids?small dogs can be a little moody and yappy. If you have a young child it may be best to get a larger dog so that the dog is less likely to get hurt by little hands.|||i have a lab and a yorkie plus another dog and 3 children under 5 the yorkie is my 4 yr old daughters they do everything together at one point they were sleeping together but my daughter kept squashing her so my partner made her a box at the side of my daughters bed they are true companions|||yes they are have had two|||I am on my third yorkie. They are super dogs. Read through some of my old answers and you can tell how much I love the breed. It really depends though on what you want from your dog. If you want a dog that can play outside a lot and not run off, I would not recommend a york as they tend to run off when they see movement like a bus or kids on bikes.|||I have two yorkies, they are wonderful with kids as long as kids don't abuse them and play too rough with them, but for the most part they are good with kids just a little timid. They are smart dogs, but warning you now it takes years for them to become TOTALLY potty trained. If you do get a yorkie, I suggest getting a 'potty pad'.|||I have two yorkies one is 5 year old male and the other one is a 1 year old female. My 5 year old male is intelligent, we trained him when he was 8 months old. He learned very fast. However, my 1 year old is a mess...she doesn't like to do anything I even went to training classes,but all she learned was to sit :-(. Yorkies are cute and very hyper dogs, I'll recommend to get one. They are good with kids too.|||I have two yorkies, they are great with kids. mine were very easy to train are very smart. i think it would be a great choice for you and your child|||there not good with small kids. kids hurt them and the dog will bite its face off|||my cousins have a yorkie who is 2. They also have a 1 yr old baby and 4 year old. The dog has never bitten the kids or been fixated on them, or jealous of them. Yorkies are good lap dogs. this one gives lots of kisses to the kids.
Labs are very different though..they are big "duhs" but big smart duhs lol..yorkies are little stubborn duhs..smart but hard to housebreak. they yap and are playful.
The good part about a yorkie for a 5 yr old is, the 5 yr old can't walk a dog anyway and yorkies dont need to be walked daily..you just need to let them out in the yard.
If YOU are willing to walk a dog 3x a day..then maybe a beagle..or miniture poodle (not toy poodle)..poodles are 2nd smartest dog and surprisingly very good with children.|||I would definitely recommend a Yorkie. I have one and she is 1 1/2 yrs old. I have a 3 year old niece and she is great with her. She is high energy, and loves to play. I agree with the above comments, they are hard to potty train, but mine did really well with the puppy pads. She is really smart and loves to cuddle. I think it would be a wonderful choice for a child! We love ours!! :)|||They are very fragile physically, easy for a child to harm without intent. Also known to be snappish & aloof, generally a better older persons dog, they also require quite a bit of grooming. Maybe a Jack Russell? They are very energetic, rough & tumble type of dog, low maintenance but need lots of excersise which kids can give.

火车采集器
  • helly hansen
  • augsburg college
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment