Monday, March 12, 2012

I was informed that you can connect the internet on a lap top through your smart phone as if using a PC card. How can I accomplish this?How can I connect to internet on my laptop through my smart phone?Hi. I have no other internet connection for my laptop apart from using my mobile as a tethered modem. I have a Nokia E61i. Don't know which one you have. However, there are two ways of doing it.
1. You would have got some software CDs with your phone. One of them will have the modem software, something like the "PC Suite" of Nokia. You install that CD to your laptop, connect via Bluetooth or Data Cable, then open that interface, you would have got an option "connect to internet". Just click, it will configure automatically.
2. Second option, which I use is configuring the modem with the help of the service provider. You have to go to phone and modem options, there you have to find advanced, call your service provide, get the dial up number from him, get the settings, and you can connect through blutooth.
you need to have data services activated on your phone for it.How can I connect to internet on my laptop through my smart phone?depends on what phone you have and what computer your using.

but the term your looking for is 'tethering'.. connecting your phone to your laptop and using your phones data service as your internet.

For my mac, i download the modem scripts. pair the phone and install the scripts. then set up the connection. and hit dial/connect.

火车采集器

No comments:

Post a Comment